Paris city breaks
Tea rooms and ice cream parlours, champagne and wine bars, bistros, brasseries and of course, the famous Parisian café – a short break is the perfect way to taste the essence of Paris. While famous for its historic monuments, exquisite landmarks and intriguing culture that transports us back in time, Paris is also one of the most popular, trendy and picturesque cities of the world. The Eiffel Tower stands proud with panning views across the city, the Champs-Elysees is awash with designer labels and the latest fashions and the Arc De Triomphe forms an impressive back drop for the buzzing city.
Enjoy a pain au chocolat, croissant or cooked breakfast to start the day and explore the city at your leisure. By night Paris is alive with character. Modern and chic, the city is overwhelmingly beautiful boasting some of the finest bars and restaurants around. Tackle the extensive menus and choose from oysters, steak tartare, coq au vin (yes the French do love to cook with wine) or opt for a more traditional omelette. Snails or ‘escargots’ even frequent the menu from time to time. Stroll from one bar or café to the next taking a different experience away from each, view Paris from above and try out your best French with the locals – graceful and charismatic, Paris is just one of those places you can’t help but fall in love with.
Places to visit and top tips:
- Take a walk over one of the bridges that crosses the beautiful Seine River and see it in all its glory.
- You don’t need to pay to see the Eiffel Tower, sure it costs to get to the top but you can absorb the architecture in just as much detail from the ground.
- Notre Dame Cathedral is definitely worth a visit – not only the inspiration for a timeless classic novel it is also completely free to visit.
- Take a guided tour of the Perfume Museum and even make your own.
- There are various passes which help save money on all the popular attractions but the true beauty of Paris costs nothing.