London city breaks
One of the most attractive capitals of the world, London is buzzing with visitors from all around for a reason – the opportunities are endless. Its exceptional transport system makes getting from one end to the other a walk in the park, so there is no limit to what you can achieve in a weekend or even a day. The West End is alive with excited theatre goers and an impressive mix of eating places, so why not enjoy an awe-inspiring experience at one of the vibrant theatre shows such as The Lion King followed by an evening at one of London’s many delicious restaurants.
Shop ‘till you drop along Oxford Street where you’ll find some high street gems or take to New Bond Street for the designer fashions and exquisite boutiques. Spend an hour viewing the city from above on the London Eye or visit the Tower of London. Home to everything from fine accommodation to suit even the Queen, to museums and art galleries filled with history both ancient and modern London is never short of variety. Streets lined with quality shops, bars and restaurants give you endless choice for how to spend your day and the famous nightlife is really something to experience. Whatever you do in London, make sure you do it all!
Places to visit and top tips:
- Visit the Tower of London and discover its deep history, see the exquisite jewels and place of execution.
- Spend a few hours at Madame Tussaud’s marvelling over the delicate waxworks of celebrities and famous English Greats alike. Shakespeare, Britney, Kylie and even Her Majesty the Queen make an appearance.
- The Tate Modern is one of the most intriguing art galleries for miles around and is definitely worth a look round. It’s also in a beautiful location staged on the banks of the River Thames.
- No visit to London is complete without seeing a show in the West End. There are plenty of companies offering you cheap tickets but do be careful to stick to the mainstream names such as Ticket Master or get them from the theatre itself. Be sure to book early to avoid disappointment and get the best seats.
- If you don’t fancy an afternoon in the theatre itself try spending some time at Covent Garden where you can enjoy the delights of street theatre over a leisurely lunch and a browse of the market.
- If you are going to take on London in a day it is definitely worth getting yourself an unlimited underground pass. These are available from all the main stations e.g. Kings Cross or if travelling by train can be incorporated in your ticket to London from your local train station.